Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Marso 27, 2014

KEY LEARNINGS/ INSIGHTS

              I chose Constructivism as the most important learning theory we discussed. If I will be a teacher in the near future, I would like to teach college students. For me, constructivism is the best theory applicable for learners especially to tertiary students. In this theory, the focus is the learners while the teacher only facilitates.
            As the facilitator, using this theory I can check how prior experiences of my students affect their learning process. I love sharing of ideas; in this situation learning becomes an active process. Since learning never stops, we construct new ideas from our past knowledge. I agree that as a learner, we select and transform information, construct hypothesis and make decision relying on cognitive structure.
            If I will be a teacher or a tutor, I will apply the key principles of constructivism. These are readiness, spiral organization and going beyond information given. Thinking outside the box should be practiced. I will make our discussion related to their experiences to trigger my student’s interest in class participation.  I will carefully organize my lessons so that it can be easily grasped by my students. I will allow my students to discuss certain learning principles through the class. I think it will be good if at day one, I will already ask for their expectations in the subject, teacher and some suggestions on how they want to learn like fun activities.

            For now as a graduate student, I like constructivism since I see myself as a learner who relates my past knowledge to new information that I just learned.  With these connecting habits of mine, I learn faster and better.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento