Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Marso 27, 2014

My Own Toast and Roast Speech Combination

            Good Morning. I was tasked to give a speech for the honorable COO (Chief Operation Officer) of LF Corporation. Our very own Atty. Federico Umali. We are all here to give him a memorable farewell party. Hi Sir Rick! Still kicking there? Don’t leave us yet because we’re not going to let you go, yet. This man is the person behind my success in this company. I started as his executive assistant and I lasted in that position for more than 5 years, thanks to his kindness. He was the reason I am in my new position as the head of the Corporate Communication Division and I didn’t request it or threatened him ok? He believes in my capabilities and so do I, I mean I trust his judgment. He appointed me and I just wish that after this speech he will not take it back.

            As a starter, let’s begin by giving a trivia on his academic background. He finished his Business Administration and Accountancy degree from UP Diliman and graduated on top of the class. He immediately started as a management trainee after graduation and just like other inspiring stories, the rest is history. He rose from the ranks until he was appointed COO of the company when he reached 50 years old. Since then, he has been occupying the position until his retirement on his birthday this coming March 31, 2013. Now you know the real reason guys, its age and not the other one. Don’t listen to gossips if it’s not from credible sources like..ehem..not me.. But hey, are you contented with the “rest is history” thing or you want more? Whether you like it or love it, I’ll tell you some of the things I know. I already mention that he started as a management trainee. He held that position for only three months, the shortest among all the position he held. Because of his excellent performance and initiative, he was promoted as a junior accountant. After two years, he became the youngest senior accountant of the company at the age of twenty-three. His leadership career started when after five years, he became the head of the Accounting Department. While heading the said department, he continued his post graduate study taking Bachelor of Law in UP Diliman. After five years he passed the board exam and was promoted to head the Corporate Legal Department the same year. From then on, his success continued to soar until he was appointed by the board to hold the highest position in the company.

Now, here’s the real secret. Sir Rick is not only lucky on his career but is also flying with colors on the other aspects of his life. He is not only a good boss but a good friend. He loves film-watching, so if you like a free ticket just tell him why the movie is worth watching, provide him the trailer details and he may even treat your whole family. Here’s another one, what girl doesn’t fall for a man who’s good in cooking? Just taste his kare-kare, Tita Cora from HR Department and I were one of those who taste it. After overtime, we have our free dinner in their home where Mrs. Erlinda Umali, his very kind wife always packed our “take out snack”. Now, you know where the gossip of him being a ladies’ man came from and yes it’s true. Seeing him around his wife and two witty girls, Sir Rick is indeed a ladies’ man to his three Marias at home. His secrets don’t stop there. He loves helping people and still gives scholarships to deserving students. His goodwill even crossed the border of our rival company, the so called “youngest son” issue. Sir Rick has an unlimited family, he treats everyone as part of his family, we are his second family and I’m sure he has more families in the face of his chosen charities. He didn’t require his scholars to work for him. He gave them the free will to do what they want to do or where they want to work. In addition, here’s a tip for our Community Extension Program Division head, before Sir Rick retires pass a project proposal related to gardening or for environmental cause and he will surely approve it with a broad smile, he may even come to support you on the day of the project even if he’s not already connected to the company. I’ll stop here, I may spill more secrets and God won’t be so happy in giving the three fold return to our boss already.

            Sir Rick, thank you for being my mentor and for guiding every one of us here. Your great contributions to the success of this company will never be forgotten. Your retirement make us all sad yet were happy that you can now spend more time with your family. You can now schedule your honeymoon trip for your coming golden anniversary. Please expect us especially me in your church wedding, I heard that your special kare-kare will be served in the reception. Again, thank you for everything Sir and God bless.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento