Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Pebrero 21, 2019

No to Historical negationism: Why we Filipinos should not forget and forgive the Marcoses

As I read somewhere: History don't repeat itself. People do.

I couldn't agree more.

There is a reason why it is in the past.

Let us not forget the lessons history, the past, taught us.

My simple logic: If I trusted you to come inside my house and you stole from me, I will never trust you again. I will not let you come in again. I may forgive you if you return what you stole and ask for forgiveness but if you keep on denying it even after I caught you and even refused to return what is mine, I am determined to not wanting to see you again or be a part of my life in any way.

The house is the Philippines, our country. We are the owners of this house.

Just as we treasure our actual house which we built from our sweat and blood, from all the years of working, let us treasure our country more.

UP Librarian to Marcos supporters: 'Read reliable sources' on martial law
Truth must come before conveniently rewriting history---however uncomfortable that might be
The truth and Ferdinand Marcos
Were it not for Marcos, Filipinos today would have been richer
What the Neverending Imelda Marcos Case Means for Philippines Politics



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento